Recipe: Wilted Spinach with Baked Eggs
A vibrant veggie alternative to standard breakfast fare that’s packed with protein and nutrients.
Posts tagged meals
Insalata Capresse ‘Burgers’
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
If your tomatoes are smaller, just make smaller ‘burgers’ and adjust your cheese accordingly!
Basic Caprese Salad
On a large platter, alternate and overlap the tomato slices, mozzarella cheese slices, and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
To Make The Burger Pictured Above
Layer it in a small cake pan, or other bottomless round container (slicing a large yogurt container in half will do!). It helps keep the burger together without it sliding: simply remove the container when you’re done. You can also use toothpicks (large ones) to keep it in place.
Wanna get creative? Substitute one or two layers of basil for spinach, avocado, cucumber or any other salad fav!
Approx: 300 calories per serving, 17g of protein. (*read your labels & adjust for larger serving sizes!)
Oh my God.
Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings.
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey (or agave sweetener)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted, cashews (can be slightly chopped)
- 1 small head Boston or other lettuce, leaves separated